Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Barry Bonds and the Record


I thought that I would share my feelings concerning the debate and turmoil surrounding Barry Bonds and the home run record set by Hank Aaron. Now these are just my initial thoughts about the topic without doing any research so I could very well stand corrected days, weeks, months or even years from now. I am under the impression that Hank Aaron was a victim to horrible prejudice remarks and treatment during his career as a Major league baseball player. People spit on him and threw items at him from the crowd. Hank Aaron however continued to play and eventually set a new home run record despite the awful treatment by those watching and playing with him. That was then this is now. Barry Bonds is on track to break Hank Aaron's home run record. I find their circumstances surprisingly similar (Hank's and Barry's). In most of the baseball stadiums Barry Bonds plays in people throw syringes on the field and shout and chant horrible insults directed to this ball player (similar treatment to which Hank Aaron received over skin color). Barry hasn't been proven guilty of using steroids during his career. If he is found innocent then I can't imagine a better sports icon to break the record besides Barry who has almost received the same level of hatred throughout various cities in the US without being proven guilty. This all changes if he is proven guilty. But if he remains innocent then I think Hank Aaron would like to see someone beat his record that has also been ill treated by the American public.

Side note Rachel and Crew left this morning. They are in Salt Lake City and they wont be back until Friday. I am really sad to have them gone.

3 Comments:

Glenda said...

Hey Devin
I need you to show the pictures of the exterior of our house to your architect for his ideas. There are several on the blog, run it down the page a bit and you should be able to get enough shots to get an good idea.
OK

Glenda said...

Dad said:

If you weren't so mean to your wife and baby they wouldn't be leaving you all the time to see other people. Or is life in St. George really that boring? That white fence is like the one that melted in Comora Loma.

laurel said...

Very interesting thoughts. You obviously have to much time to think with the family gone. You are actually thinking about things other than "what did the baby do today." I am actually jealous. Haven't "thought" in 14 years.