Saturday, June 16, 2007

How you can tell it is my 1st Father's Day

I thought I would take a minute and share some experiences that I had this week that show that I am a rookie Dad. Monday I went on my evening run and I decided to take Crew along for the ride. On the first down hill of my route I decided to run instead of jog. Just as I was running as fast as my legs could handle the front tire on Crew's running stroller jumped right off the frame! There I was in the middle of street trying to balance Crew in the stroller with one hand and with other I was fixing the quick release for the tire. Next time Crew comes along for the evening run I will double check the quick releases on all of the tires. On Friday Rachel stepped away from the home with her brother and left me to put Crew to bed. Easy task but if your a Rookie Dad it can be a differnt story. Crew cried and cried. He kicked his legs, slapped my face, and twisted out of my arms. This went on for more than an hour. I tried everything even turning to the heavens. Then in mid scream Crew shut his tired eyes and went to bed. Once again rookie Dad. Despite my newness at being a Dad the first sylabels Crew put together was "DADA!" I looking forward to many more years of being a Father. I mean today Crew and I watched Rocky 1 we stilll have 5 more to go!

2 Comments:

laurel said...

Thanks for letting us stay. We hope Crew is feeling better. What did you find out? It was so great to see you all!

hooli said...

oh boy! you may be a rookie, but you're an all-star.