Friday, January 16, 2009

Eliza to the Rescue!


Tuesday morning while driving Devin to work an overwhelming ache came over my lower back and left side. Within 10 min the pain was so severe I thought I was going to pass out. I got back home and began to clean and vacuum my house to try to take my mind off of the pain. A couple of hours passed and it seemed to just be getting worse. My pain tolerance was beginning to run out. After talking to my Dr., I called a friend to get Devin from work and once he got home we headed to the Hospital. Turns out I have a Kidney Stone. We spent all day in the Hospital. Once the pain was under control and I was able to keep liquids down we were able to leave. I haven't passed it yet and am told it could be in there until I have the baby. Nothing else can be done since I am pregnant. Luckily I haven't had very much pain the last couple of days. The main focus is keeping the pain under control or it could cause pre-mature labor.  I have researched and read about all kinds of crazy home remedies and am eager to get this thing out of me. The thought of having it for another 2-3 months makes me want to go unglued. The good news is Eliza flew in from Houston to help me with Crew. I don't know what I would do without such wonderful family and friends. 
If anyone has a secret potion please share it with me.

6 Comments:

Kara said...

I had a small kidney stone when I was pregnant with Elle. And luckily the pain only lasted about 20 minutes. But it scared me enough that we ended up in the emgergency room. I peed it out the next day. Make sure you check your pee because I didn't even feel mine come out until I saw it!

hooli said...

I'm so glad Eliza could come be with you. We're worried about you.
J

laurel said...

Hip Hip Hooray for Eliza! We have been so worried. We keep in touch with Glenda on a regular basis to get update! Take care.

Gloria said...

OH, I am so sorry! Trent gets kidney stones. My mom has a book on natural remedies-and I will tell you what helps Trent when he feels one coming on-(I am not sure if you can do this when you are pregnant though) drink tons of lemon water-like a whole lemon-to 2 cups of water-lots of vitamin C and teaspoons of apple cider vinegar throughout the day.

Trent says that this is the only thing that has ever helped him-without having the doctor "going in" to bust it up.

Sorry love!!!

Claudia said...

I have never had a kidney stone and have no idea what it feels like, but it sounds aweful...I hope you continue to feel okay!

Brett and Lisa said...

I feel so bad for you! I can not believe that you came home and started cleaning! You are amazing! I would be happy to come get Crew if you ever are having a bad day. I will call to check up on you soon!

Lisa