Monday, January 21, 2008

Random Thoughts

Belnap 2008
It's been awhile since I have published anything on the blog. Has anyone stayed up with the recent state Primaries and Caucuses? I am hooked. For some reason I have turn into a talk radio politico junky! I don't know why? I am guessing it is because I am strongly in support of a particular presidential candidate. I really want the following candidates to win the GOP nomination... Romney,  Guliani, or Thompson. I think Huckleberry is an idiot and is silently dishonest. McCain would be okay but he is too old and ugly to win a presidential election. I am not being the judgmental individual. The American people have already spoken on a similar decision. Do you remember what happen to Bob Dole? haha. If Jon McCain wins the nomination that will guarantee a Democrat President. Which will ensure a bankrupt government. I know that the GOP is guilty of the recent spending and debt but a national health care plan will break the bank... We simply can't even afford the current program nor the Bush prescription drug act which added trillions dollar to what we already couldn't afford. I didn't get this idea from a republican I heard it from David Walker the comptroller of the United States of America. I think he keeps the financial books for the government.

Cheese Anyone?
I haven't really watched a NFL football game this year... The reason is I have no time. I did tune in just in time to watch Brett Farve throw the game away. I really wanted the Packers to get back to Super Bowl for Brett's sake. I just I hope he can either live with that last throw the rest of his life, or play another season and try to ensure a better ending note than a interception that leads to your loss in OT.

Seniors

School is going great. Rendering and Perspective seems to be one of my most fulfilling courses this semester. I am looking forward to graduation this spring. Right now I am buried in assignments and chapters of material that needs to read. However knowing that the end is near makes me just a little bit sad. Only because I will no longer be a student who can make mistakes now I must be professional.

4 Comments:

hooli said...

Just curious, when you say, "We simply can't even afford the current program nor the Bush prescription drug act which added trillions dollar to what we already couldn't afford." Do you mean "we" like the government of the US, or do you mean you and individual who has to pay for copays and rx?

laurel said...

Hey...I am a primary junkie too! Good luck in school

Sara said...

I always love hearing your insight, and love your smatterings of humor.

Devin said...

Hooli
I mean both! haha. Citizens can't afford health care currently. Including myself. The government couldn't deliver on the current promise to medicad and medicare of 22 trillion and the Prescription Drug Act made the new hole which the government has no current funds over 30 trillion dollars. When I say the government has no funds I don't mean debt I mean they simply can't come up with the funds even debt.... I heard this from a interview between Glenn Beck and David Walker. David Walker is like a accountant for the United States Government. Pretty scary stuff. David Walker also said that the current national debt is like every home in American having a 440K mortgage with only 50K annual income to pay it. He predicts financial disaster in 2030 if no corrections are made.