I should have known this face had TROUBLE written all over it. My little Crew isn't acting so little anymore. I'm trying to teach him how to feed himself with silverware. He must forget he's hungry cause the second the spoon is in his hand all he does is play with his food. He has to see how everything responds to either being shaken, pulled, or hit. He's beginning to understand a lot of what goes on. So we've decided to start him on time outs. It's only day 2 and it seems to be working okay. I know they need to be able to explore and learn on their own, so where do I draw the line. Advise or tips anyone?
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
SNAKES, SNAILS & PUPPY DOG TAILS
Published by Rachel on Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 Comments:
Time outs are the best! Believe me, Henderson knows that when I say "do you want to go to time out?" that he'd better stop. They have done wonders for us.Keep up the great parenting!
my rule is destruction (like the kind that would embarrass you if they did it to your parents' or friends' stuff) and physical aggression. But, I don't want physically aggressive boys who hit, bite, smack, push, etc.
other than that, a fair amount of exploring is great. if you give him a warning and he still does it, you know he's playing you.
mason has already learned that when we say go to time out, he has to crawl over to his corner and sit for 1 minute. it's so funny because he begins whimpering as he walks over to his spot. Then plunks himself down and whines the entire time.
I know exactly what you mean and I'm at a loss as well. Today Brett was home all day with hayden and when I got home he said "Now I know what you go through, I'm sorry if I've ever said anything discouraging about it" and I just had to laugh. Good luck and let me know if you find any solution!
How fun! This age is so wonderful!!!!! He is so cute!
Hey Rach, they Oh Fun! part was sarcastic. Its hard to know what to do! The wonderful age and cute thing is dead serious.
It's fun to watch my sisters be moms because I've been doing it for so many years alone. You are a fabulous mom Rach, just keep following your heart and gut instincts and you'll get it right.
Post a Comment