I joined a group of friends to run what is called a Ragnar Relay. Each team has two vans, with six people in each van. All team members run three different legs. The first van starts and each runner will run their first leg. When the first van is done, the second van goes. The leapfrogging pattern continues throughout the race.
My first run was at noon around Malibu. One of the prettiest parts of California I've seen. Lots of vineyard and strawberry fields. Big green rolling hills. That was my longest leg at 10 miles. My second run took place at 1 o'clock in the morning. I ran out of downtown L.A. to the Santa Monica Pier. 5 mile run. My third run was at 9 a.m. along the PCH. Right along the beach. So refreshing and beautiful. That one was 7 miles. I ran 22 miles total and our team finished in 31 hours. We placed 120 out of 300 teams.
Here we are attempting to sleep. There is so much energy and excitement it is hard to rest. The only sleep we got was a couple of hours that night after my midnight run.


I had so much fun doing this that I am pulling a team together to run one in October.






10 Comments:
Looks like so much fun, but I can't imagine running so early in the morning!! Great job!
Proud of you! That is really something else. You really are our sporty spice. Keep it up.
I am so proud and so jealous! Nice job! That really sounds like so much fun!
Lean and Mean....
Way to go. We are proud of you and what a good example for your kids.
You seriously rock!!
Wow! That is fantastic. I am seriously amazed!!!
Thats AMAZING! I would love to do that! Good job!
hellz yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!
hellz yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Fun!! I so want to do this next year. Good Job!
Post a Comment