If you could see UP Finley's nose in this picture. You'd see a bright orange BB pellet in her left nostril. Crew found a few of the pellets at the park and brought them home. When Finley got ahold of one, she stuck it right UP into her nose. She kept coming up to me fussing and rubbing her nose and when I looked-sure enough it was UP there. I refused to turn this into a Dr.'s visit so I grabbed my tweezers. She was fighting too hard. Holding down her body and head and trying to grab it by myself was impossible. So then I grabbed the vacuum hose. I stuck it onto her face. Poor thing was traumatized after that. But it still wasn't out.
By this point it had been a little over an hour. She had started to swell and we could hardly see it anymore. I was determined to try ever technique before taking her to the doctor. Then a friend had said that in the ER they blow into their mouth and it forces the object to dislodge itself out through the nose. So as soon as Devin got home we started taking turns holding her down and blowing into her mouth. Meanwhile Crew, whose hanging out around us, holds up a shinny orange BB pellet and says, "Here it is mom, I found it!" It had popped out sometime during our blows. I will be forever grateful for this technique. It's easy and safe and gets the job done.
But apparently this incident wasn't as traumatizing for Finley as I though. A couple of days after this happened she was eating an apple and one of the apple seeds ended up her nose. Thank goodness it was little and she blow it out before I had too.
She's our little monster and I know these little encounters are just the beginning of what's to come with her.





4 Comments:
Oh, I'm so glad Claire isn't into that yet!
OH.MY.GOODNESS!!! She is TOO cute!! Ugh,I HAVE to see you guys soon!!
Oh boy, I am waiting for this to happen to me! She is so darn cute! Her little baldy-locks remind me of Chase's.
Oh boy, I am waiting for this to happen to me! She is so darn cute! Her little baldy-locks remind me of Chase's.
Post a Comment