Saturday, June 7, 2008

Affordable transportation

Gas prices in SoCal are currently $4.50 per gallon and higher depending on the city. I live 8 miles from work. Roundtrip equals 16 miles. Rachel taking me to work so she can have the car would equal two round trips per day totaling at least 32 miles per day. Our awesome Outback averages 26 mpg. For Rachel to take me to work everyday would roughly cost at least $110.77 per month. My solution for affordable transportation... Ride my bike to work. Introducing the newest member of the Belnap Family...

The Specialized Langster, London edition (bike will pay for itself in at least 6 months).

The key to success for riding your bike to work is riding a bike you love and that is crazy fast!






7 Comments:

Glenda said...

The key to riding your bike to work is good weather! Which around here doesn't happen much.
Hey, sometime ask dad about riding his bike to work in Las Vegas. He nearly got run over. Looks pretty great and I bet Crew is over the moon!

Claudia said...

Nice! Adam and I keep talking about getting bikes too, although it would be far for me to ride to work. Adam, on the other hand...

Glenda said...

I don't know why but I envisioned something a bit different as we talked about the bike over the phone. It looks fast and must be fast depending on the cubic butt displacement of the bike motor. Way cool. Bryant

suburbanbrunette said...

Oh man! It's cool.

laurel said...

Gool! Not only will you save money, but you will be in even better shape. Just don't get hit by a car.

Gavin and Natalie said...

Hey guys! You like you're having an awesome summer. It's so fun seeing your pictures and look at how big Crew is getting! (The hot little man. :) ) We'll have to hook up at the beach sometime soon. Good idea on the bike. Gavin always talks about getting a motor bike. I guess we'll cross that road when we move back here in January. Gas is so freaking expensive!!

Sara said...

Luuuuucky! We'll miss being a part of the the big mud run this weekend- have fun!! We love you!