10. I will not use a public toilet to defecate. This crazy personal policy of mine goes further than public toilets but to other people's homes. Over the years I have had to leave friends houses early, left from the library sooner than planned or have driven home from work because of this crazy mindset. I didn't realize how real this problem was until I noticed I hated traveling because I was too far away from home base.
9. I once let Rachel dress me up as a mouse for Halloween. This was extremely humiliating. Not only was I a mouse for Halloween but it was night before my last high school football game. I really think my Halloween costume affected my play on the field.
8. Shotguns. Shooting shotguns is a great Idahoan activity. I love it. I love the atmosphere and the sport that is involved when shooting real pigeons or clay pigeons. Being out on the farm in the morning, afternoon, or evening shooting pigeons off a barn is priceless.
7. I will not eat prunes! Adam can recall the time when Grandma Belnap introduced us to prunes. I ate them like candy. To make a long story short my cousin David and Adam wanted to know why I just sat on the porch instead of playing football. Well the dietary fiber worked extremely fast and I pooped my pants so I wasn't really excited to run around the yard.
6. Books. I enjoy reading books. My favorite books so far this year have been: Suburban Nation, The rise of Sprawl and the Decline of the American Dream. Traditional Construction Patterns. The Tipping Point. Total Money Makeover and others. If the book is about architecture, city planning, construction, Project Management or anything that applies to my life I will love it. Someday I will have to squeeze in the Harry Potter series or at least the movies.
5. I love New Urbanism. I am very aware of the "built" physical environment that surrounds me. I just wish others had the same passion for making our cites memorable, stunning and remarkable.
4. Morris. I have only had one dog my entire life. His name was Morris. Morris was a birthday gift from Rachel the first summer we were married. Morris was a great dog. We went running, fishing, and walking together all the time. I know Morris was just a "Walmart" dog at first but right before he went missing he was "Best in Show." Uncle Mark in response to your rhetorical question you posed many years ago, I do like dog shows!
3. Sudi Africa (South Africa). I was told that once you experience the sunset in Africa you will never be the same. Africa is incredible and I will always go back as much as possible for the rest of my life. I have a dream to build thousands of homes, schools and other buildings at my expense or the charitable organization that I establish.
2. Crew Grant Belnap. This little boy will be one in November. He has taught me so much. I love Crew with all my heart. I have dreamed about my boys for years. Crew in just 10 months has already surpassed all of those dreams. I can't wait for what the future holds for us (Fishing, sports, homework, girlfriends, good times, bad times, and the best of times). Crew your Daddy love you forever.
1. Rachel Lynn Robinson Belnap. Rachel completes me. She can get me to wear mouse ears, vacuum, excel in the classroom, and in the gospel. Rachel simply makes me want to be a getter man. You are my best friend. I love you. You are the most incredible mother and person. The love and compassion that you have for others is unprecedented. You are beautiful inside and out. Since the day I saw you in that keyboarding class at Skyline I was madly in love with you. I am still and forever and ever will be madly in love with you.
9. I once let Rachel dress me up as a mouse for Halloween. This was extremely humiliating. Not only was I a mouse for Halloween but it was night before my last high school football game. I really think my Halloween costume affected my play on the field.
8. Shotguns. Shooting shotguns is a great Idahoan activity. I love it. I love the atmosphere and the sport that is involved when shooting real pigeons or clay pigeons. Being out on the farm in the morning, afternoon, or evening shooting pigeons off a barn is priceless.
7. I will not eat prunes! Adam can recall the time when Grandma Belnap introduced us to prunes. I ate them like candy. To make a long story short my cousin David and Adam wanted to know why I just sat on the porch instead of playing football. Well the dietary fiber worked extremely fast and I pooped my pants so I wasn't really excited to run around the yard.
6. Books. I enjoy reading books. My favorite books so far this year have been: Suburban Nation, The rise of Sprawl and the Decline of the American Dream. Traditional Construction Patterns. The Tipping Point. Total Money Makeover and others. If the book is about architecture, city planning, construction, Project Management or anything that applies to my life I will love it. Someday I will have to squeeze in the Harry Potter series or at least the movies.
5. I love New Urbanism. I am very aware of the "built" physical environment that surrounds me. I just wish others had the same passion for making our cites memorable, stunning and remarkable.
4. Morris. I have only had one dog my entire life. His name was Morris. Morris was a birthday gift from Rachel the first summer we were married. Morris was a great dog. We went running, fishing, and walking together all the time. I know Morris was just a "Walmart" dog at first but right before he went missing he was "Best in Show." Uncle Mark in response to your rhetorical question you posed many years ago, I do like dog shows!
3. Sudi Africa (South Africa). I was told that once you experience the sunset in Africa you will never be the same. Africa is incredible and I will always go back as much as possible for the rest of my life. I have a dream to build thousands of homes, schools and other buildings at my expense or the charitable organization that I establish.
2. Crew Grant Belnap. This little boy will be one in November. He has taught me so much. I love Crew with all my heart. I have dreamed about my boys for years. Crew in just 10 months has already surpassed all of those dreams. I can't wait for what the future holds for us (Fishing, sports, homework, girlfriends, good times, bad times, and the best of times). Crew your Daddy love you forever.
1. Rachel Lynn Robinson Belnap. Rachel completes me. She can get me to wear mouse ears, vacuum, excel in the classroom, and in the gospel. Rachel simply makes me want to be a getter man. You are my best friend. I love you. You are the most incredible mother and person. The love and compassion that you have for others is unprecedented. You are beautiful inside and out. Since the day I saw you in that keyboarding class at Skyline I was madly in love with you. I am still and forever and ever will be madly in love with you.
4 Comments:
Okay, 1 and 2 are the sweetest things I have ever read. You are a sweet man Devin. The toilet one cracked me up! Did you realize this is a Grandpa Glenn thing and an Aunt Laurel thing? Must be a family condition. Thanks for sharing! It was great!!!!!!!
I can officially say this....You have grown into the man I always hoped you would be. (And I love Crew and Rachel with all my heart, too.)
Love MOM
i find it absolutely hilarious that two of your ten were about poop.
Your "Ten" was so wonderful, I laughed and cried from one line to the other. How blessed you are to be such a loving and precious family and better still, you are not afraid to share your feelings.
I feel the same about public restrooms...is all this inherited?
Post a Comment