Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Congrats Dev!


Several members of my family participated in our own Biggest Loser contest. The boys in one category and girls in another. After a 24lb loss Dev took home the $1000 prize for the boys. Way to go hunny. And after a 25lb loss for me i was beat by just 0.8%. It was a great experience and were both feeling great and enjoying new healthy habits. Over the weekend Crew also enjoyed his first snow encounter of the year.

4 Comments:

laurel said...

Congrats! Just stay healthy. Remember moderation in ALL things. In other words, don't get to skinny, either of you. For two reasons, its unhealthy and the rest of us will look fatter next to you. Can't believe you had snow!!!!!!!

hooli said...

we're proud of you. a grand! that's really fantastic. what a generous family.

torrent said...

I know for a fact that Devin can lose 12 pounds on a bed spread after a visit to Sage Lees...

When I lost 50 pounds I didn't get any money...just my self esteem.

I also got comments from a few concerned family members who said it "looked like I wasn't eating." I'm 200 pounds for crying out loud...how many 200 pound anorexics do you know? Problem with our family (and with America) is this: 'obese' has become 'overweight', 'overweight' has become 'normal', and 'normal' has become 'eat a sandwich...you're making me self conscious.'
How strange is it that were eating ourselves into the grave in this country while people literally starve to death in others? We should do ourselves both a favor and send the kids in Africa some bacon double cheeseburgers.

torrent said...

Dev/Rach...good job...I forgot to say that...


You deserve a bigger prize if 1 year from now you haven't gained any back.

That...as I've found to be the case...is the real challenge. I've been tempted to fall back into the old comforts (i.e. overeating)

It's sort of like training for athletics...its easy for the athlete to work out when there is something to that requires his preparation.
It's difficult to train when the season is over...and worse yet...when you know you'll never play the game again.