Sunday, August 14, 2011

School is Now in Session

As we were getting Crew dressed for his first day of preschool I pulled out a new button up shirt for him to wear. His reply was, "Mom I don't want to wear that, it's not COOL! Can I wear my Batman shirt?" With a sigh to myself and the thought that this is the last shirt I wanted him to wear, I said, "Of course!" Anything to make him feel more comfortable and confident. Then I told him to just throw on his flip flops. But a few minutes later he came into the room carrying his black Nike sneakers (which also are not my favorite) and he said, "I'm going to wear these shoes, I need to be all black." Aaaannd even though it was over 80 degrees outside he insisted on wearing his new hoodie cause it too was "cool."





Finley gets so lonely while Crew's at school. She asks me nonstop for 3 hours if it's time to pick him up.


4 Comments:

Glenda said...

I am so proud of him for being such a good, willing student. Way to go!

Charisa said...

love it.
i especially love the last picture of the two of them.
and how cute are her pigtails?!?!?!
he Crew super excited about crabbing?

laurel said...

Congrats on starting school! THat is so great. I can remember when my kids at home would miss and ask for the ones away. That is so cute. Finley loves her brother.

Derek and Christi said...

That last picture is SO cute! Finleys hair is getting so long! I'm happy to know that it's not only my daughter who is calling things 'cool'.