Monday, July 7, 2008

Oh say can you see...

JULY 4-     It was so wonderful to be back in Idaho Falls. Crew couldn't get enough of his grandmothers or cousins. He remembered everything and everyone. Here is our weekend in a nut shell. 
 
I must say when it comes to the Idaho Falls Parade, when you see one float you've seen them all. But Crew didn't mind, he stayed entertained the whole time. We were lucky to share the holiday with the Crawfords, (the family from New Orleans that lived with my parents after their home was destroyed).
This is my future brother-in-law. Welcome to the fam. Jason. We love you!



Every year we enjoy a yummy dinner and fantastic fireworks at the Shilo. Last year Crew fell asleep during the firework show. I don't think he missed a single shell this year.
JULY 5-      Happy Birthday Dev! We celebrated with a delicious BBQ, an even more delicious B-day cake made by Glenda. He had (minus a missionary) his whole family there. He couldn't have asked for more.


JULY 6-     My sister Sara organized a family service project putting together Hygiene Kits.  


Totaling 200, were not sure where they will end up but know they will come in handy anywhere.


Back to the airport already. Crew has had more fun than he can handle. 

11 Comments:

bman said...

Congrats!

1st date my house! I think it was something in the food Glenda cooked.

Micaela said...

No 4th compares to being home in IF. I am a little jelous that you got to go home but glad you guys had so much fun. The service project was a great idea! Good job! :)

Sara said...

Great post and pictures, I stole a couple of the hygiene kit photos for posterity. Rach, I have your brushes, I can't believe I forgot to give them back to you...sorry. I can put them in the mail today, I just need an address...email it to me. We loved spending time with you guys, and cant wait for Europe- Love YOu TOns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laurel said...

It was so good to see you guys. We have missed you so much.

Glenda said...

Thank you, Thank you, for coming. I couldn't stop smiling the whole weekend.

Hatch Family said...

Sounds so fun! We haven't been home for the fire works in 2 years now! Hopefully we will get to see them next year!!

Gloria said...

Love it!!!! You guys are so dang cute-I just love your family.

hooli said...

What a great idea... a family service project. You guys have some good traditions. It's the stuff strong families are made of.

Devin Stewart said...

Man nothing beats a firework show like the show in I.F. Unfortunately we had to settle for a decent firework show we saw in Colorado. But looks like things are working out really good for you guys.

Sara said...

ummm devin...guess what...your birthday post in finally up...better late than never:) and yes, it's 1:30 in the morning...this is what happens when I drink diet coke, love ya!

Kandis said...

I bet you loved coming home for a visit. Crew seriously is the cutest little boy ever! Too bad we didn't see you guys at the river. Looks like you had a fab vacation!