This past weekend was so much fun Rachel and I are still talking about it. We have lots of pictures that I should have posted today but I forgot the camera at home. First of all work was crazy. On Firday, I barely made it to the airport to welcome the VanderSloot's to St. George. It was so good to have family visit. On friday we all went to dinner at the Red Lobster, then we went and had ice cream at Cold Stone. We all sat around in a shopping plaza enjoying the warm evening eating our Ice cream. Then Saturday came way too early and before I knew it I was running towards the Arizona board with Rachel at my side and Crew in our running stroller. After way too many people passed me, my competitive spirit took over. I left Rachel with her sisters and Crew and I took off full speed ahead. The bumby road rocked Crew to sleep and his ipod shuffle filled with primary songs kept him asleep. The heat from the St. George sun kicked my butt. I finally caught up to Caleb who decided he didn't want to keep my pace because of two pairs of black spandecks. I found that the catch up pace couldn't be maintained for longer than 4 miles. That last mile rocked my world. Then the finish line was in sight and Crew woke up to the cheers of the welcome crowd at the finish line. I looked down to see if he was enjoying the scene at to my surprise he knew that the cheers were for him! It was so much fun. Anyways I will post the pictures from the weekend later today or tomorrow.
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comments:
I can't wait to see pictures of Crew running his race. We miss you guys so much. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed seeing the baby every week. I want to hold him and kiss those cheeks. I still need to make decisions concerning carpet at the house, but at least I have chosen the lighting and have almost finalized the plumbing order. This has been too stressful for Grandma Go Go. We hope to see you this summer, but who knows? Our life is crazy right now.
Post a Comment